Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

flash back friday

yesterday's snow made me think of this picture.  
that me on the right, in the red coat :)

i grew up about an hour outside raleigh, nc.  back then, when it snowed, it SNOWED ... like a foot or more even.  will my kids ever see snow like this in nc?  now we make a big deal out a couple of inches.  dont get me wrong, i think cold weather sucks.  BUT if its gonna be cold, snow already!

so this picture is my tribute to the "good ol days" when snow meant:

  • no school for at least 2 days
  • that mom came outside to play with us
  • mom's chili
  • snow cream
  • wearing as many items of clothing as possible
  • enough snow to actually build a snow man ... maybe even two
  • every kid in the neighborhood playing in the snow together
note:  if you are a northerner, and think my southern snow excitement is silly, please participate in the silent game and do not comment.  if you belittle my memories or anticipation of future snow days, then we cannot be friends.  thank you and have a blessed day! 

1 comment:

  1. haha what a great picture! i have the same memories of the "good ol days" of snow. love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...