Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

flash back friday

i grew up in a semi sheltered home, especially when it came to music and movies.  for this reason, my list of favorite movies from my childhood may look a little different than yours.

exhibit a - i dont think i watch dirty dancing until after i graduated high school.  if i did, it was at someone else's house and i did not tell my parents.

so here they are, in no particular order, the movies i loved while you were watching your mtv: 

  

  


   

of course, when i was young i didnt understand why i couldnt watch what everyone else did.  i sometimes felt left out when the kids at school were talking about a movie i had not seen ... i thought it a bit unfair.  well now, they should feel left out.  i seriously want to go watch every single one of these movies right now.

ps - thanks mom and dad!  memories of watching these movies with you guys makes my heart smile!

3 comments:

  1. gremlins scared me. and this is the second blog i've read today that mentioned newsies. i probably should go watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching Nightmare on Elm Street at Jaime Killette's house in the 3rd grade. Scared the CRAP out of me. I had nightmares for weeks and my parents were so po'd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have got me singing a whole bunch of songs in my head all at one time! Love these movies too. :0)
    And also didn't truly appreciate these until I got older. I remember seeing The Excorcist (sp?) when I was 21 and I didn't tell mom I was going to see that even then! Ah, memories. I might have to look at one of these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...